Thursday, September 10, 2009

What About The Flower Girl


Flower Girls have been known to be a show stopper at weddings (that is until the bride makes her entrance of course.)  
Not only do the wedding guest look forward to seeing those adorable flower girls and lets not forget the handsome and charming ring bearers but also look forward to any surprise behaviors that might arise as they
 make their way down the aisle.  Even at my own children's weddings these members of the bridal party did not disappoint. 

Tradition has it that there is usually one flower girl but more modern weddings can include more than one flower girl.  I remember getting up at 2:00 a.m. to watch Princess Diana's wedding on television.  Her flowers were amazing and had me gasping.  I had never seen anything like that in my life, only in my floral day dreaming but here in real life was the largest, lush bouquet I had ever seen.  Oh, sorry back to the flower girls.  She had a large number of young ladies that accompanied her down the aisle.  Adorable. 

The flower girls dresses can be a duplicate of the bride or different in style but in a color that matches the bride.  They can also be in the same color family or complimentary to the attendants.  This is your wedding so do things the way you want.  Make up your own etiquette once in a while.  After all that's were trends come from. 

Some flower options could be the traditional basket with loose petals for them to drop as they make their way down the aisle, a pomander ball, a small nosegay, a flower wreath for their head, a wrist corsage (this will give them something with color for your pictures), or a single flower to carry.  



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda, I'm so proud of you! I pray many blessings on your business. We have a flower shop next to our restaurant and Mikala practically lives over there. She especially likes going over when shea feeling blue and makes herself a nice bouquet. Ha ha. And then.....,she sniffs!! It's so cute, a florist in the making!

Unknown said...

Thank you Tracie. Your prayers and your thoughts mean a lot to me. Tell Mikala that I spent some time in a flower shop when I was young. Between that and my love of weddings....well here I am now.