Wednesday, July 6, 2011

10 Things That Will Get You The WOW Effect





STAY IN SEASON

I know what you are thinking, this is not anything new. You've probably heard this many times. But to me it really can't be said enough. I am one of those more is better type of people and I feel this way about wedding flowers. More is always better and sticking to what is seasonal and even better local if that is possible is the best choice you can make when picking your flowers for your wedding. Not only will you stretch your budget further but the quality will be better and the blooms bigger. And with a larger bloom you might not need as many blooms for each bouquet or centerpiece.

A while back I walked into my local supply house to pick up some flowers. A shipment of blue delphinium had arrived and they were cutting the stems and cleaning them to be put in the cooler. I walked over to take a look commented about how gorgeous they were. The color was rich, the blooms were large and the quality was great. I mentioned this to the person who was prepping them and he said "Tis the season." This further drove home the benefit to me of buying seasonal and how important it is to share this with my customers. Everyone wants Wow on their wedding day. Especially with their flowers.

So remember WOW tip #1 is to stay seasonal with your flower choices.





No comments: